Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meet Our Precious One


As you see, this little one is one reason why I have not blogged in such a long time.  Last September, DH and I were advised that we were going to become grandparents.  This was a big surprise as we were so sure that being grandparents was not in our future.  However, we were ecstatic and started to hope and pray that everything would turn out ok for the rest of the pregnancy.  Our daughter was expecting in April and I swear it felt like years instead of months before the baby came.

When the little pumpkin arrived, he is a gorgeous, handsome boy with big beautiful blue eyes.  Do I sound like a proud grammy - oh, yeah, you better believe it.  In the above picture I think he was about two months old.  I love this picture so much that I have it as my screen saver - that way I can look at it whenever I want.

The only sad part of the little one's birth is that his Mommy has had her breast cancer return and is suppose to find out hopefully this week what kind of treatment it will entail.  She had to be operated on as there was a tumor on an ovary but the pathology report was that it is connected to the breast cancer.  At least, that was a bit of good news as we were hoping and praying that it was not ovarian cancer.

DH and I purchased a new 5th wheel last Fall and so we were able to take it to Nova Scotia and park it at an RV park a short distance from my daughter's home.  That enables us to be able to take care of our precious one when Mommy and Daddy have to go to the hospital or to the doctor's appointments.  That is such a hard job!  Really! 

We went to visit them today.  Daddy and Grampy looked after precious while Mommy and Grammy did some shopping.  Precious is just so much fun already.  He was full of smiles today and is grabbing things now. 

Well, this is enough bragging for one blog but I don't promise to not brag on every blog from now on.

Take care and have a great week everyone.

Zoe

4 comments:

Irene said...

Congratulations on becoming grandparents. I was sad to hear of the cancer returning. I think of the new mother often and hope for the best. Good that you can be close by to help out. Oh and he is sure adorable looking !

Kathy said...

Congratulations, Grandma! I'm sure you will find being a Grandparent is wonderful. I sure find it is. My grand-babies are pretty much grown up now (ages 14, 12, and 9). They are still wonderful, but they grew up so fast. So, enjoy every minute of him now.

Kathy said...

I can't read the distorted letter, so am not sure my comment reached you. Congratulations to becoming a grandparent. It's great fun.

Marion said...

I have been in contact with your daughter, she may have told you...for a while | could not comment on any blog and my blog..well, we won't go there...LOL.......grandson is so handsome!!!!! Keeping your daughter in my prayers....and by the way, I'd been wanting to email you for months to send congrats on the upcoming birth, now three months past...LOL..but I cannot locate your email in my program....and you hadn't updated your blog...so if you see this, send me an email....love to chat with you!! My email is on my Blog.....and your daughter has it too...
Take care and hope to hear from you!!
Marion