Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Christmas Tree


Since a couple of you requested a picture of our Christmas tree, here it is. DH and I waited until after dark so you could see the lights lit up in the tree as well as in the little village underneath the tree. We bought our tree just up the road from us. The chap has a tree farm that he opens up to the public every year at Christmas time. He does have really nice trees and it is quite close to us so we shop there every year.

This year I have most of my baking done, just a bit more of shopping to do, and yesterday, I housecleaned the house so with a little bit of cleaning, I'm good to go. I do have to wrap presents yet but plan on doing that today.

This morning, DH was watching for our acrobat squirrel to come to one of our feeders and he noticed that the little goldfinches looked cold feeding. Then he told me to come and look at one of the birds as this bird was hanging on with just one leg. DH was right, this poor little bird has either been injured or was born with one leg hanging lose (no use at all). He seems to do ok though and does not let other birds push him away.

Today is another very cold and very windy day. The wind is blowing across the lake (which is frozen over now) and it is making an awful mess on our lawn (covered with snow) with broken twigs, pine needles, etc. There will be a lot of raking to be done next Spring.

DH is trying to register my new washer and dryer on the telephone and he has been waiting for 35 minutes now. He can't register online. They have just hung up on him. We tried again and it went right through. By the way, Cathey, I just love, love, love my new machines. They are so quiet and surprisingly enough, do not take all that much water either.

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Holy cow! Dad got an awesome tree this year. It seems that he's learning. Even if we threw a mouse at your tree, it would hit branches ;o) Great job you guys.

Poor birdie :o( I want to put up feeders here but you-know-who isn't thrilled on the idea. Sigh!

I'm glad that you like your new washer and dryer. They do make a world of difference don't they? :o)

Stitchabilities said...

Oh wow what a tree,it looks gorgeous maybe next year you can fly over and decorate mine ;0)

Irene said...

Awesome tree ! I have a problem with squirrels and crows getting at my feeder before the little guys, so I have to be ever so watchful that they get some too.

Kathy said...

That is a beautiful tree! I like it that you use those big fat lights, like the kind I remember as a child. Almost everybody where I live uses the little ones because they are easy to put on and about all the stores sell.

You seem to be on top of all the pre-Christmas things to be done. Pretty soon, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the holidays.

Alberta said...

Your tree is spectacular Mumzy! Love the train and village underneath.

Glad to hear you are keeping the birds well fed...it's a cold time of year!

Enjoy this last weekend of autumn - Winter Solstice arrives on the 21st!

Alberta said...

We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...And A Happy New Year!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...

Tammy said...

Your tree is incredible!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Suzanne said...

What a pretty tree!

I love the little snowman quilt...he is too cute!

Merry Christmas!