Saturday, October 16, 2010

Colourful Trees



Even with the showers today, the colorful leaves are still quite impressive. Quite a bit of the leaves have already fallen but this year, the trees were full and so, they are still loaded. That means, a lot of raking in the not too distant future.
Today, we are having some very calm weather one minute, and the next minute, we get a downpour shower. So, today will be a day inside catching up on blogging, quilting, etc.
Yesterday was a day from Hell. I received a call from my cousin, telling me my 99 year old aunt fell and is now in the hospital with a broken hip that required an operation. She did make it through the operation and is now awaiting an opening in a nursing home. Then she tells me that her brother's wife and her own mother-in-law both died this summer. I hang up from her phone call, the phone rings again, and it is one of my neighbours calling to say his wife passed away the night before. I was scared to pick up the phone after that. Hopefully, today will be a better day.
I have been doing very little on my quilt as my daughter and her hubby came for a wonderful visit. On top of that, we were able to celebrate my hubby's birthday. So it has been a very busy time lately. My hubby is setting up my sewing room with a TV on the wall. I use it a lot even if I just use it for noise while quilting.
Have a great weekend, everyone, and do try to keep dry.

3 comments:

Irene said...

Are those colorful trees a view from your place ? Sorry to hear about all the sad news.

Kathy said...

You sure did have a bad day. Hope it's been MUCH better since then. Those trees looks so beautiful. Is that what you see when you look out your windows? Lucky you! Trees here are just starting to color up. Not worth a photo so far.

Pumpkin said...

You definitely got a better picture than I did.

That was a bad day :o( I hope there's been no other bad news since. It was great talking to you. Hopefully that made you feel a bit better :o)

We had a wonderful trip and I'm glad that we were there for Dad's birthday :o)