Monday, August 2, 2010

What a Beautiful Weekend

We started off the weekend by celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary on Friday. We were out for supper with another couple. Great food and great company. The weather was really nice all weekend too. On Saturday, we just worked around the house. Sunday, DH and I, along with my brother and his wife, my nephew, his wife and his two little girls all went to my Mother's nursing home and celebrated her 91st birthday. It was fun.

Today, I put up 2 baskets of peaches. I peal them, cut them up and add a syrup and freeze them. They are awesome tasting in the middle of winter.

DH is so close to finishing the walkway to our side door. It already looks great. We have already purchased the railing for the deck and stairs, so that will next on the list of things to be done.

I have also had a few minutes lately to work on my quilt. I now have 16 squares done and have 8 more to go. I will be happy to get this one on the quilting frame. I hope to be able to put pictures of this quilt relatively soon.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Alberta said...

Peaches in mid-winter...yum that sounds delectable!

Mumzy, you & your beloved have been very busy! The new walkway sounds inviting and another quilt...can't wait for the pics!

Congratulations on 44 years of wedded bliss!

Pumpkin said...

I know, I know...I didn't wish you Happy Anniversary :o( At least DH did for both of us. Glad you had a nice dinner out.

Sounds like you've been doing a lot around the place. Can't wait to see it in person or in pictures!

Peaches, really GOOD peaches would be nice right about now :o)